Larry and I went to a Slow Food picnic in the Sonoma wine country today. Fabulous food:
- Inglehaven Ranch Grass-Fed Beef Hamburgers
- Rosie Organic Fried Chicken Wings
- Jen’s Pickled Organic Veggies
- Cannellini Bean Salad
- Heirloom Tomato and Basil Salad
- Potato Salad
- Della Fattoria Sonoma Gravenstein Galette
There was also wine, beer, and delicious ciders. I got to meet one of my idols, Alice Waters. She’s doing some amazing work with the schools in Berkeley. She’s also very tiny – I’m not exactly tall, and I towered over her.
Carlo Petrini, the founder and President of Slow Food International was also there. He’s Italian and doesn’t speak a lot of English, so he had a translator. He’s charismatic, fascinating, captivating. His translator was excellent, too.