Jay was here for dinner tonight. I haven’t made this dish for a while, but after talking about it with Amy last week, I’ve been craving it. It’s really easy to make and once it’s prepped, it takes under ten minutes to cook.
– I like to add chantarelle mushrooms to this, and matchstick cut carrots (although I didn’t tonight). I use Rustichella d’Abruzzo fusili pasta for this dish. I like the long curly pasta. I also like to mix in the goat cheese so it melts, making the dish nice and creamy.
– I did something different with the salad tonight – I used Trader Joe’s herb salad mix along with microgreens and tomatoes from our garden. Yum.
- Southwest Pasta with Smoked Chicken (Hot Pasta, Hugh Carpenter, p. 79)
- Green Salad with Tomatoes
- Sourdough bread with Sauteed Garlic Butter (Fine Cooking #43, March 2001, p. 49)
Wine: David Bruce 2002 Pinot Noir (Dry Creek Valley, California). Young but nice and light – went well with the pasta.