Katie and I spent the day making yummy treats for her husband’s surprise party tomorrow. Everything was really good.
– The Creamed Corn mixture is super tasty and easy to make. We omitted the prosciutto and just used toasted bread.
– We used ground turkey for the meatballs. They could have been a bit smaller so they cooked faster.
– The cheese straws are pretty easy to make too, and mmmm.
– I used cheddar, gruyere and a soft cow/goat cheese (Minuet) from Adante Dairy. This is a great way to get rid of old cheese.
– Larry prefers plain pumpkin pie to this tart, but the streusel is really good.
– We marinated the chicken skewers in the olive oil, garic, soy sauce and salt, in these proportions (taken from the California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad recipe):
1 1/3 T olive oil
1 1/3 T minced garlic
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp salt
- Sage Creamed Corn Bruschetta (Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello, Bruschetta Bar)
- Chipotle Chile Dip (Fast Appetizers, Hugh Carpenter, p. 20)
- Spicy Thai Meatballs (Fast Appetizers, Hugh Carpenter, p. 78) with Basil Ponzu Sauce (Fast Appetizers, Hugh Carpenter, p. 47)
- Hummus (Fine Cooking #10, August September 1995, p. 66) with pita chips
- Spicy Puff Pastry Cheese Straws (Fast Appetizers, Hugh Carpenter, p. 81)
- Soy-Marinated Chicken Skewers with Honey Mustard (Fine Cooking #74, November 2005, p.90c)
- Arroz Verde (Fine Cooking #35, November 1999, p. 45)
- Fromage Fort (Good Eats, Say Cheese!) with Toasted Baguettes
- Bourbon Pumpkin Tart with Walnut Streusel (Fine Cooking #74, November 2005, p. 52)