Dan, Assana and Chris came over for a casual holiday weekend dinner tonight. I make these roulades for company all the time, but hadn’t made them for this group yet. We liked the zucchini salad okay, but I probably wouldn’t make it again. The pie, on the other hand, was spectacular.
- Chicken Roulades Stuffed with Goat Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomatoes (Fine Cooking #62, January 2004, p. 86C)
- Potatoes Fondantes (Fine Cooking #64, May 2004, p. 59)
- Zucchini & Yellow Squash Ribbons with Daikon, Oregano & Basil (Fine Cooking #93, July 2008, p. 51)
- Black & Blueberry Pie with Lemon Cornmeal Crust (Fine Cooking #93, July 2008, p. 70)
– Gamba 2004 Moratta Vineyard Zinfandel (Russian River Valley, California). Yum – probably needed to be decanted, but it eventually opened up.
– Ridge 2004 Caboose Nervo Vineyard Zinfandel (Sonoma County, California). Good, but we should have had this one first.
– Don Pedro Ximenez 1979 Gran Reserva Sherry (Spain). Assana brought this over to drink with our pie – we both picked up bottles at The Spanish Table on our last trip there. It’s really delicious.