Great summery dinner tonight for Larry, Jay and I – chicken off the grill, my most favorite bread salad and roasted green beans, fresh from our CSA this week. I picked up blackberries from the farmer’s market and made these easy, terrific hand pies. Larry’s in heaven – not just because of the hand pies, but also because of the gelato I made to go alongside. A simple custard-based gelato, with cinnamon mixed in just before it went into the ice cream maker. Cinnamon is definitely Larry’s favorite ice cream flavor, and this is probably one of the best I’ve made. Ranks right up there with the honey lavender.
- Caribbean Spice-Rubbed Grilled Chicken Thighs (Fine Cooking #79, July 2006., p. 42)
- Bread Salad with Corn, Cherry Tomatoes & Basil (Fine Cooking #52, September 2002, p. 43)
- Roasted Green Beans with Shallots
- Blackberry-Apple Turnovers (Fine Cooking #106, August/September 2010, p. 72)
- Cinnamon Gelato (The Ciao Bella Book of Gelato and Sorbetto, p. 56)